Here’s what we’ve covered in this permission email marketing guide:
- In most cases, HTML emails are *not* better than plain text emails. Plain text emails actually generate better results because they’re preferred by more recipients today.
- Your in-house email list is shrinking because people are subscribing with throwaway email accounts for one simple reason: they don’t trust you yet. So work to establish trust, then ask for their best email address. This will keep your list going strong for years to come.
- Don’t be fooled into the sweepstakes marketing mindset. Early results might seem strong, but few “freebie” users will actually pay for your products or services in the long run. You’re not interested in eyeballs, you’re interested in prospects who may actually become paying customers down the road. And that’s definitely not “anybody.” (If your target market is “anybody” then your business plan may need some refinement…)
- Tap into the profit potential of global email marketing by engaging in multilingual permission email campaigns.
- Use a recognizable name in the FROM address of your email campaigns and be consistent in your use of that name. By doing this, you’ll experience a higher open rate because people avoid opening emails when they don’t recognize the source.
Experiment with these strategies and see what works best. And as you see improvements in the open rates, clickthrough rates, and purchases (or using whatever metrics are important to your organization), please send me an email and let me know! If you offer advice or refinements to this information, I’ll add it to the course and give you credit.
Email me with your results, comments or suggestions.
THIS GUIDE is sponsored by CAMPAIGN ENTERPRISE
With Campaign Enterprise software, you can:
- Automatically send timed, follow up emails to prospects.
- Send personalized emails based on event triggers.
- Conduct unlimited email campaigns with no recurrent fees whatsoever.
- Automate the handling of bounces, unsubscribes and clickthrough monitoring.
- Deliver customer service bulletins, support notices or company newsletters.
- Create multipart email courses like this one!
Find out why XM Satellite Radio, Dell, Microsoft, AMD, Texas Instruments, Citibank and Six Flags Theme Parks all use Campaign Enterprise.
And, lastly, thank you for reading this online email marketing guide. I hope you find value in this information and put it to constructive use.